1992 Morgan Plus 8

1992 Morgan Plus 8

Friday, January 3, 2014

Report from Auckland and More

    It was sad to hear today that one couple will not be able to make the trip due to the need for almost immediate surgery. Fortunately they have trip cancellation coverage. Their Morgan is in NZ and will need to rest at the agents warehouse until it returns with the other Morgans.
    I know how disappointed I was when there was the chance that I wouldn't be able to go because I needed back surgery, but that was November and I am doing well enough to make the trip. No bungee jumping, or long hikes, but I will do the best I can. We wish the missing Morganeers a quick recovery, and we will miss them.
   A new report from our Auckland British correspondent Geoff encourages us to bring driving gloves as the steering wheel gets hot, and a towel for the leather seats which also get hot. I note the high temperature in the 10 day forecast is 78 degrees which is a very pleasant temperature, but also note that the chance of rain for the week we are in Auckland is next to nothing. Hope that holds up. We also received a warning from him to watch our baggage allowance carefully to keep for going overweight. We double checked to be certain of what our allowance is supposed to be and print out the information "just in case". We have a local code share flight before the international one, so it may be a battle at that check in.
Below is a photo of the correspondent's 1998 Morgan +4. Looks a lot like our Morgan.







2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your traveling companions. I was wondering whether their trip had already left. I just made my trip deposit for a trip in September and it's a good reminder to get the trip insurance soon, so I can be covered for any pre-existing conditions. Kinda wonder whether you must be aware of a pre-existing coverage to have to make that deadline.

    I've traveled on those smaller connecting flights within France and they always give me my overseas luggage allowance.

    Be careful you don't get into the wrong car when you're traveling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder whether their CAR had already left.

      Delete