1992 Morgan Plus 8

1992 Morgan Plus 8

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Day 10 - Tongariro National Park

There are several things to do in the National Park, such as walk, take the lift up the mountain, visit the War Museum, and visit the junk yard (there is a fancy name for it that I can't remember). Most of the group did these things. Here is one picture of what we missed.

Junkyard by Dave 
But Philip and I, and Patsy and Michael decided after breakfast that we were just going to sit in the lobby of the hotel all day and "do nothing". The weather didn't look good, with heavy clouds in the sky.
Mind you, we didn't "do nothing", but we pretty much sat in our chairs all day visiting with whom ever came by and me trying to write my blog. 
Sitting around- By Michael


Patsy and I did manage to do a few loads of laundry necessities and have discussions about men's undies good for traveling (we'll take this guy)
Great travel undies 
Philip continued to work with Michael on getting his personal hot spot to work. 
Michael finally working iPad mini with Dave.
Patsy having fun. 

Maggie and Patsy
Eating food.
Scones and Sandwiches with Maggie and Patsy
Patsy and Michael 
People dropping by. 
Richard, Dave and Susan

Finally about 4 PM, Philip and I walked up to the Information Centre and had a look around to find out a bit about the park. 



Kiwi Bird
Philip returning to Hotel
Looking out over the Park
The hotel had a small movie theater, so with Michael and Patsy, we watched "Hairspray" until dinner time. 
Our Dinner Table
Serving Simultaneously
My Lamb
It had been an exhausting day "doing nothing", and we didn't even finish "doing nothing".  

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of men in revealing underwear, I'll have to look up a photo I saw the other day on FB. If I can find it, I'll email it.
    So you're feeling bad because of the cold you're fighting? How are backs and hips going?

    ReplyDelete