1992 Morgan Plus 8

1992 Morgan Plus 8

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day -1 Part 2- The BBQ

The scenic route to the next event, a BBQ at Dave and Sue’s in Whitford took us out to the beaches on the east coast.
Beaches on East Coast
    Because we had not followed the directions correctly, we were about the last to arrive at a most wonderful house. 
House and View Forever
One eating area
Morgans on the Hill

Were we ever surprised when Evan showed up at the party. We new Evan from the Morgan Club in Northern CA, and Evan had married a Kiwi in 1999 and moved to New Zealand. It was wonderful to see him, but we were sad that his wife, Trish, wasn’t with him.
Evan and Philip
Evan on the right. Local Kiwi on the left. 
Geoff and Sue
Fiona in our group
Callie in our group
There were a lot of Morgan Club of New Zealand members also at this party.  Sue and Dave had put together a wonderful  BBQ of lamb, salads and other delights.  We really appreciated their hospitality.

Paul, Susan, Richard, Linda



Presentation of the Plaque to Hosts Dave and Sue in the Middle

 Having missed driving to Mission Bay on the previous day, Philip and I drove back to our hotel up the coast, seeing what others had seen the previous day.

The day was overcast, with a few sprinkles to start out, but the temperature was comfortable without a sweater.

Patsy had a rough day, not feeling too well, and trying to do too much. My right hip hurts when I walk, which is most upsetting to me, but I am coping.  My back surgery got rid of left sciatica, and I had NO right sciatica at all. Now I developed the right sciatica from walking, which is the exercise I was instructed to do. I hope it gets better soon.



1 comment:

  1. This BBQ looks fabulous. The array of Morgans is awesome. The local Kiwi on the left looks like papa. Fiona has a nice twist on her scarf and Paul's looks like an open cockpit pilot's scarf.

    ReplyDelete